Nanoflex really is at the cutting edge of fabric technology. We go into the science in more detail below, but the result is that Nanoflex actively repels water. Where other garments let you down, the Nanoflex 2 is the answer when you're wondering what to wear in the rain.
Just like Castelli's Thermoflex fabric, Nanoflex is warm and breathable. It's extremely soft to the touch and traps a layer of warm air next to your skin. Its secret, however, is that it's coated with millions of microscopic nanofilaments. This nanotechnology treatment causes water to bead and run off. The Nanoflex 2 bib tights aren't 100% waterproof, nor does Castelli claim that they are. They will, however, keep you drier than virtually any other bibs out there.
The Nanoflex 2 tight features the Kiss Air seatpad, incorporating many of the features of Castelli's top-of-the-range chamois. In any cycling garment, comfort is paramount and the anatomical shape of the Kiss Air pad ensures maximum comfort, no matter how long you're on the bike. Dual density foam is used to provide variable thickness - padding where it's needed and less where it isn't, to maximise your freedom of movement on and off the bike. Finally, a brushed microfibre top layer, with superior softness and an anti-bacterial treatment eliminates chaffing and saddle sores.
The Nano 2 tight features an ankle zip, which allows a snug, yet comfortable fit. This snug fit keeps cold air out and allows the hollow-core fibres to trap warm air next to your skin.
When getting those extra training miles in means venturing out in the dark, reflective tape around the zip will help keep you safe by making you more visible to other road users.
Whether it's cold, raining or both, the revolutionary Nanoflex 2 bib tights will have you prepared for anything.
- Nanoflex fabric provides outstanding warmth and stretch, with water resistance
- Minimal seams for maximum water resistance
- KISS Air seat pad for all-day comfort
- Mesh bib straps for breathability
- Reflective screen-printed Castelli graphic on both legs GIRO3 ankle grippers lie flat and seal around the shoe
- Ankle zips with reflective tape allow you to be more visible to other road users
- Temperature range:Â 6-18Â°C
- Fabric:Â 86% Polyamide (Nylon), 14% Elastane (Spandex)
- Weight:Â 251g (size S)