The original version of Castelli's Sanremo Speed Suit was worn by Johan Vansummeren during his victory in 2011 at the Paris-Roubaix. At that time no one had seen anything like it, "A skin suit for Road Racing" people were saying.
Since then, Castelli's Sanremo Speed Suit has undergone many updates, 3.2 being the latest version available. Other pro teams have struggled to keep up while Castelli set about making the speed suit better and faster.
Comfortable and Fastest
What Castelli set about doing was switching from a Lycra® fabric on the front to a 98% polyester fabric to keep you dry and added a bit of surface texture that made the speed suit even faster in the wind tunnel.
During the updates, work continued on perfecting the comfort, fit, muscle support and aerodynamics. In this version, the shorts portion has been updated to the Free Aero Race shorts, Castelli's best race shorts in the collection, and the upper portion has been based on Castelli's Aero Race 5.1 Jersey. What this has produced is the fastest, most comfortable road riding suit you can buy.
- Watt Saving: 24 at 40km/h
- Probably the fastest road riding kit available
- Developed and perfected through 6 years on the WorldTour
- Lower portion is Castelli's Free Aero Race shorts
- Upper portion based on Castelli's Aero Race 5.1 Jersey for CFD and wind tunnel tuned aerodynamics
- 3 rear pockets
- Reflective heat-transfer viz strips
- Open front makes it easy to put on, easy to ventilate and convenient for nature breaks
- Progetto X² Air seat pad
- Weight: 211g (size L)