DESIGNS AIMED AT LONGEVITY NOT LANDFILL
Cycling apparel has followed fast fashion into a culture of snatch and grab turnover. Here today. Landfill tomorrow. Velocio set an example of how to push back against fast fashion and disposable kit. Gone are the days when riders have to choose between highly technical apparel versus sustainable apparel. That’s a false choice. We all need clothing, but what we choose to buy has a profound impact on not only its longevity, but the environmental cost in creating it. Velocio strive for timeless visual designs because great kit is great kit when it's new out-of-the-bag but for Velocio it's also great kit after five years.
USE OF ENVIRNOMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE FABRICS
Making highly technical cycling apparel can be bad for the environment if careful choices of fabrics aren't made. Velocio take responsibility for their role in sustainable sourcing by seeking out the most environmentally responsible suppliers possible. Velocio have developed a recycled & natural fibre collection which combines post consumer recycled content derived fabrics, Tencel, modal and merino wool marrying sustainability and technical function. The collection of apparel using recycled or natural fiber materials now comprises 100% of their 2023 Spring/Summer jersey line. Every jersey is either made primarily from recycled polyester (ocean trash from the EU - turned into new yarn in the EU) or natural fibers. To complement their choice of fabrics, Velocio use biodegradable packaging in our shipping materials.
VELOCIO JOINED 1% FOR THE PLANET
- 1% for the Planet is a nonprofit organization aimed at pushing businesses towards marginal gains: One percent of annual revenue to environmental causes.
- Velocio are the first cycling apparel brand to join their collection of businesses aimed at bettering the environment back in 2017, and today the commitment helps guide our outreach to programs that believe in A Better Way.
- Velocio are currently the only cycling apparel brand that gives 1% of its revenue to environmental causes.
VELOCIO TAKES CARE OF PEOPLE
- In 2022, Velocio donated to climate advocacy groups, trail building organizations and programs focused on increasing underrepresented riders throughout the cycling world.
- Velocio's manufacturing partner follows EU labor guidelines which oversee conditions of employment, discrimination, equal pay and the protection of pregnant workers.