Policy for Shop Rides - Liability Waiver
Policy for Participation in Shop Ride Hosted/Co-hosted by Cycle Closet
Riders taking part agree to this Liability Waiver
I understand that participation in a social ride involves riding on public roads used by other traffic. I am aware of the hazards involved and I agree to obey the road rules in the state in which I am riding. I hereby release and forever discharge, exempt and indemnify the Cycle Closet, co-organisers, sponsors and all other persons involved in the organisation and leading of this ride (referred to as CC Team), from all action, proceedings, demands and claims whatsoever taken related to my participation in the ride. The CC Team reserves the right to alter or amend the route due to road, weather and other operational needs prevailing at the time and it is always made in the best interest of participant safety. Persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by and in the care of a nominated adult who is responsible for them throughout the event. The CC team shall not be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential or accidental damage, injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity of any kind which may be occasioned by reason of any act or omission of any third party. The CC team is not responsible for any injury, death or loss. Any expenses must be borne by the participant.
The CC Team strongly recommends all participants have their own Personal Accident and Ambulance Insurance
- Riders are responsible for carrying their own repair kits and spare tubes
- Riders must ensure that their bike is mechanically sound before the commencing the ride
- Riders must wear a helmet that meets Australian Standards throughout the ride
- Riders must follow all road rules
- Riders are responsible for their own navigation, even when a STRAVA link is provided as a guide.
- Taking part in social rides during the COVID pandemic requires observance of all Social Distancing and Hygiene Practises required by the Government